Thai Curry Butternut Soup
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Oil
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- 1 Apple, Peeled, Cored and Chopped
- 4 tsp (20ml) Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire Sauce
- 500g Butternut Cubes
- 600ml - 750ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 1 Can (380g) NESTLÉ Ideal Medium Fat Evaporated Milk
- Black Pepper
- NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 45ml Dukkah or Nuts and Seeds
- Coriander Leaves
Heat the oil in a pot and gently cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add the apple, curry paste and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the butternut and stock and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Stir in the evaporated milk and season with salt and pepper.
Allow to cool slightly and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Alternatively, pureé the mixture in a blender.
Reheat before serving and serve with either a drizzle of cream or a sprinkling of dukkah, coriander leaves and chilli slices, if desired.