Pumpkin Vetkoek with Caramel Sauce
- 1 Cup Pumpkin, Cooked and Puréed
- 1 Cup (140g) Cake flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Caster Sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1⅓ Cup (80ml) Nestlé Ideal Unsweetened Evaporated Milk
- 1ml Salt
- Oil, for Deep Frying
- ½ Can (190g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Butter
- 1 tsp (5ml) Sea Salt Flakes
Place all of the ingredients, excluding the oil, into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
Combine all the ingredients in a pan and to cook for 5 minutes until the sauce is thick and glossy.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry spoonfuls of the batter, in batches, into the oil. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Pour half of the sauce over the fritters and serve at once with the remaining sauce.