Onion Chilli Bites
- 1 ½ Cups (135g) Chickpea Flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) Baking Powder
- 2 tsp (10ml) Curry Powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) Dried Chilli Flakes
- 2 Onions, Halved and Sliced
- 1 Tomato,Finely Chopped
- ½ Carrot, Finely Grated
- 2 tsp (10ml) Fresh Ginger, Finely Grated
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Fresh Coriander, Chopped
- 30ml MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire Sauce
- 200ml - 250ml Cold Water
- Oil for frying
- ⅓ Cup (80ml) Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Chutney
Place the chickpea flour, bicarbonate of soda, curry powder and chilli flakes into a mixing bowl. Stir in the onion, tomato, carrot, ginger, coriander and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually add just enough water to make a thick batter.
Mix the mayonnaise and chutney together.
Heat 2-3cm oil in a small pan.
Drop spoonfuls of the batter, in batches, into the hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes, depending on size, until puffed, golden and cooked. Drain on kitchen paper and serve warm with the dipping sauce.