Lamb & Green Bean Bredie with Creamy Parmesan Samp
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Cooking Oil
- 3 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1.5kg Lamb Knuckles or Stew Mix
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10ml) Paprika
- 1/4 Cup (60ml) MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Fruit Chutney
- 750ml Lamb or Beef Stock
- A Few Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 Potatoes, Cubed
- 300g Green Beans, Cooked and Sliced
- 1 Can NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Fresh Mint, Chopped
- 400g Cooked Samp
- 60g Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Heat the oil in a pot and brown the meat, in batches, for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside and return the pot to the stove. Gently fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, paprika, MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire sauce, fruit chutney, stock and thyme. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add the potatoes and cook for 30 – 45 minutes, or until the meat and potatoes are tender. Add the beans and cream and cook for 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and stir in the mint.
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
Add the cooked samp, 125ml vegetable stock and 1/2 can of NESTLÉ dessert and cooking cream, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and black pepper.