Homestyle Chicken Curry
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil
- 750g Deboned chicken thigh fillets
- 1 Large onion
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) mild or medium curry paste
- 1 tsp (5ml) turmeric
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cake flour
- 1 (410g) Can tomatoes
- 1 Cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) MAGGI Lazenby Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (290g) Can Nestlé Dessert & Cooking Cream
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) fresh coriander leaves
- Black pepper
Heat the oil in a deep casserole and pan fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes /per side, or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Return the pan to the stove and gently fry the onions for 4 minutes. Add the ginger, curry paste and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour.
Return the chicken pieces to the pan and stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, MAGGI Lazenby Original Worcestershire Sauce, MAGGI Chilli and Garlic Sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the Nestlé Dessert & Cooking Cream and chopped coriander and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
Season to taste, top with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice, naan bread and sambals.