Beef Stew with Herb Dumplings
- 155ml Cooking Oil
- 1kg Beef Knuckle, or Beef Stew Mix
- 2 Onions, Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Cake Flour
- 3 Tbsp (55ml) MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire Sauce
- 750ml Beef Stock
- 1 Can (410g) Chakalaka
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Cut into Chunks
- 2 Potatoes, Peeled and Cut into Chunks
- Black Pepper
- 240g Cake Flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup (125ml) NESTLÉ Ideal Medium Fat Evaporated Milk
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole and brown the meat for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
Return the casserole to the stove and fry the onions and garlic over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the cake flour and stir for 1 minute. Return the meat to the casserole with the MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and chakalaka. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.