Apple & Ginger Sponge Pudding
- 150ml (125g) Sugar
- ½ tsp (3ml) Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp (5ml) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) Preserved Ginger, Finely Chopped
- 1 Can Apples
- 3 Eggs
- 21 tsp (10ml) Vanilla Essence
- 180ml (90g) Cake Flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) Baking Powder
- 1 Can (290g) NESTLÉ Dessert & Cooking Cream
- ½ Cup (125ml) Boiling Water
- 1 Can (385g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Butter
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Toss the ingredients together and arrange in a greased heatproof dish.
Cream the sugar, eggs and vanilla together in a bowl. Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and gently fold together. Spoon the mixture over the fruit and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
Place all of the ingredients into a pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 – 7 minutes. After removing the sponge from the oven, pour half of the sauce over the top of the hot pudding and allow to stand for 3 minutes before serving. Serve with the remaining sauce.